1. Soldier General Duty - (i) Class 10th pass with minimum 45% aggregate marks and 33% in each subject. No aggregate percentage required for higher qualification i.e 10+2 and above. However, minimum 33% in each subject in class 10th is a mandatory requirement. (ii) In case of grading system for CBSE/Other Boards minimum of ‘D’ grade (33-40) in each subject and overall aggregate of ‘C2’ grade or 4.75 points will be considered.
2. Soldier Technician - 10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject
3. Soldier Technical (Aviation/ Ammunition Examiner) - 10+2/Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject. OR Three years Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/Automobile/ Computer Science/ Electronics & Instrumentation)
4. Soldier Nursing Assistant/ Nursing Assistant Veterinary - 10+2/ Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject. OR In case the candidate has a B.Sc Degree with Botany/Zoology/Bio Science and English, the stipulation of percentage in Class 12th is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Class 12th also.
5. Soldier Clerk/ Store Keeper Technical/ Inventory Management - (i) 10+2/ Intermediate Exam pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce or Science) with 60% Marks in aggregate minimum 50% in each subject. Should have studied and passed English and Maths/ Accounts/ Book Keeping in Class X or Class XII with minimum 50% marks in each subject.
6. Soldier Tradesman - 10th/ ITI (except Syce, Mess Keeper and House Keeper, who may be 8th pass)